This course provides a series of four classes that will help parents implement the EFL approach in their family life. Parents will become familiar with the EFL concepts of Progressive Development and Tools of Maturity. If children are enrolled in an EFL school, parents will be able to better support the training provided by the teacher.
- Parent Centering and Development of Intuition and Empathy
- Modeling Life Skills like Even-Mindedness, Sensitivity, and Truthfulness
- Nurturing Relationships with Children Based on Mutual Respect
- Using Natural Law as the Basis for Guidance & Setting Boundaries
- Creating an Inventory of Each Child’s Strengths, Interests and Needs
- Use of Progressive Development and Tools of Maturity in the Home
- The Power of Environment
- Preparation for Adolescence
Course Dates and Meeting Times: Special courses can be arranged for groups of parents interested in exploring Education for Life together.
Required Reading Materials
Calm & Compassionate Children, Life Skills Action Charts
Classes are limited to ten families and use the WebEx meeting platform. This approach provides a live, interactive session where you can see and hear the teacher and other participants. You will need an internet connection that can support the Webex platform .
The cost is $195 plus the price of the required materials. Discounts are available for families with a child currently enrolled in an Education for Life school and also for groups.