I Came from Joy!
Spiritual Affirmations and Activities for Children
Written and Illustrated by Lorna Knox, $19.95
I Came From Joy! Spiritual Affirmations and Activities for Children
is a beautifully conceived, non-sectarian tool for developing a child’s inner, spiritual life–ideal for parents, teachers, youth group leaders, and religious educators. Written for children age 5-11, but adaptable for all ages, I Came From Joy! offers fun and uplifting exercises that teach children values such as kindness, love, concentration, happiness, discrimination, sharing, patience, security, and how to be a success.
This easy-to-use workbook features:
- A complete curriculum for use at home, youth groups, schools, and Sunday schools
- 26 lesson plans with all necessary materials
- Reproducible picture pages for coloring, arts and crafts, and bulletin boards
- Guidance on how to teach spiritual values to children
- Take-home pages for sharing topics with parents
- Lists of recommended children’s books and additional resources
Lorna Ann Knox, BSN is a private school teacher, parent, and has been director of the Ananda Sunday School in Portland, Oregon for the past 6 years. She also teaches educational workshops for educators and parents. Prior to working with schools, Lorna was a health educator for 15 years and is a certified nurse. She is married and the mother of three children. 172 pages